Friday, August 20, 2010

If I rub a cut onion on my scars 4 times a day, will my scars fade?

I have some old scars on my legs, arms, and stomach.If I rub a cut onion on my scars 4 times a day, will my scars fade?
How to Get Rid of Scars Naturally


By Alia Jae, published May 30, 2008


Published Content: 488 Total Views: 42,520 Favorited By: 15 CPs


Contact Subscribe Add to Favorites Embed:


Rating: 3.0 of 512345 Font Font


close windowHaving scars re such a bummer because it is so hard to get them to go away! I have seen some scars go away overtime, but yet I still have scar that I have had since I was ten years old. Well, I have been doing some research and have found some help in getting rid of scars.





My first ';recommendation'; is one that most people are familiar with and that is the use of Vitamin E. Now I am about to bash on Vitamin E just so that you will stop depending on it. The thing about Vitamin E(according to About.com) is that it has never been tested to prove that is can help scars. It has been tested to relieve inflammation after surgery or after getting some kind of wound. However, in the studies done there have been no results that Vitamin E gets those scars to go away! According to a study that About.com has researched a set of doctors did a test on people who had just had surgery. They wanted the patients to use Vitamin E everyday for 12 weeks to see if it would help to reduce their scars. Well, 12 weeks later and 90% of the patience saw no difference. Also, the same test revealed that using Vitamin E on a fresh wound might make things worse!





Ok so now let me move on to two remedies that you can actually try yourself. The first one is Onion Extract. Onion Extract is found in many scar treatment creams that can be bought in many drugstores. However if you're looking for something a little more potent and powerful then you want to consider talking to your doctor about getting your hands on some pure Onion Extract or a cream that has a more potent effect.


Onion Extract is known to have anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These properties help to control the formation of collagen. Now the thing about this extract is that you may not see a difference in the size of your scar, but you will get to see it lighten up a lot. With about two months of using Onion Extract you should notice that the scar is a lot more soft and faded.If I rub a cut onion on my scars 4 times a day, will my scars fade?
ive never heard that before. what is good to help heal scares is aloe vera gel...you can sometimes find it at the dollar store...or check walgreens/walmart in pharmacy section..or jsut ask the pharmasist...





aloe is great for cuts/burns as well.





or they have a cream out that helps diminish the appearance of scares....

No comments:

Post a Comment