Monday, July 26, 2010

What works for diminishing scars (this is from recent surgery)?

I have 4 incisions on my right leg from a bad break - on knee, ankle, and two entry incisions for screws along the left side. I've been using mederma for 3 weeks and don't see any changes. Any other advice? Thanks...What works for diminishing scars (this is from recent surgery)?
The best product I have heard of is Cica Care. It is a Silicone Gel Sheeting used to reduce the appearance of scars. You can find it at www.vitalitymedical.comWhat works for diminishing scars (this is from recent surgery)?
You can reduce the appearance of scars...through time. There is absolutely nothing on this planet that will remove scar tissue...not Vit E, not Aloe Vera...nothing. And if there was, there would be a whole lot of people who had been burned that would be ahead of you in a queue.





Time will take away the redness and alot of the swelling. If you want to spend money on anything else...it is up to you. But only time will reduce the appearance of your scars.





Sorry, I can't give you more encouragement.
Get vitiamn E capsules and break them open and rub on scars do this twice a day for a couple months they will start to fade.
Try using vitamin E oil it will help fade away the scars.
I like Sasha's answer. I gave her a point.
dermabrasion?
I might be way off.. but I think that aloe vera gel works aswell..

No comments:

Post a Comment